Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What a day! Selfish, but great!

So I started the day with some spackling in the bedroom. Then I took 15 thirty gallon trash bags of clothing and toys that we collected from the kids rooms during the last mass cleaning and stowed in the garage to Goodwill. Since things that smell good to me don't smell good to my pregnant wife we stopped off at Green Earth Emporium and bought some incense that she should find more appealing. Some grocery shopping and then home to finally find her maternity clothing! I should clarify that I've torn the bedroom and our storage system apart trying to find these clothes. The clothing was the inspiration to get the donations to Goodwill. I've randomly walked into the garage and stared hoping that something would metaphysically happen to show me these clothes. Today Cathy decides to check the garage herself. After 3 minutes she points at the box and says, "What's in that?" She is so happy! Of course, the clothing was stored in a box that solitarily sat on top of our freezer and could have been discovered weeks ago had I "looked up."

The Goodwill bags were a major impedance to making progress in the garage. The other challenges to finishing the buildout in the food pantry/garage are:
  • Rework electrical
  • Rework hvac duct work
  • Plumbing for hot and cold for potential sink in garage, icemaker in food pantry, optional washer dryer connection in food pantry
  • Drain for hvac condensation trap
  • Drain for option washer and garage sink
  • Dryer vent
  • drywall
  • Shelving
  • Doors
  • Paint
  • Flooring