Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I hate asking for help

I'm so bad at asking for help. I'll undergo unnecessary pain before asking for help. I'd give up limbs to others in need while refusing a bandaid from others for myself. The inability to ask for or graciously accept help must be my greatness weakness.

I made strides today. I swallowed my pride, picked up the phone and began making phone calls to see if I can get on Medicaid or (the defunct) TennCare or something. Shoot. Maybe someone has a grant money that could come our way if we were to do some gestational diabetes study for them. The news seems to imply that if superstars give out $10k and $20k for the right sob story but you won't catch my children spending the night with any of them. Anyone know a superstar needing a good tax rightoff?