Friday, August 26, 2005

Parenting Challenges

I have one child that refuses to accept my time management lessons and lacks organizational skills. Of course, perhaps I'm not the best teacher or example. I like the Franklin-Covey system based on Stephen R. Covey's First Things First (book) ( the cd version is great too ).

Today this child decides to sleep in then at the last minute explains that she is taking her roller skate shoes and requests I fix a mechnical problem with one of the wheels.

My first inclination is to say "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" and tell her that I cannot do it. But this is a sweet child and I want to come to her aid. No! NOOOOoooo! Not the puppy dog eyes!

Let's see if I can come through and get this wheel fixed.

Update: Shoe fixed.