Wednesday, August 25, 2004

A New Day!

Let's start the day off with a PayPal donation link:


This Morning
This am I was up at 4:38 and rearing to go! So what happened? That "just 20 more minute" seductress we call "Bed" pulled me back. Her siren's song was weaker than normal but none the less effective. My day had to begin at 6am.

On Monday I went and began the task I committed to a friend. They had some water damage in their kitchen that resulted in the need for a new floor. In the process they removed a wall. My job is to re-route the electric that is now just hanging in space and put some new dry wall in place.

It was fun being up in the attic because the spot where I am working gets reeally tight. So I'm doing gynastics and gravity defying tricks to get into position to add reinforcing boards to hold the ceiling. I am attired in jeans, a long sleave shirt and a breathing mask that makes me sound like Darth Vader and look like I'm cleaning up a chemical spill. So I'm feeling like what a tunnel rat must have experienced (I suppose not after reading that article) and my phone rings with the theme song to Mission Impossible. Seemed very apropos.

Yesterday I returned to work on my friend's house, and did computer repair at two clients locations.