Saturday, July 23, 2005

Wow! Keyboard of my dreams

When the Apple //c came out it had a cool switch that would alter the keyboard from QWERTY (your standard keyboard...look at the 6 upper-leftmost keys) to a Dvorak layout. The only problem was there was not a reference to what key's function was at that point. Had they given you an overlay, or printed letters on the keys in a different color, or used lights to show different letters on the screen (my thought at the time) I think the Dvorak keyboard would have had a much better chance of becoming mainstream. (Is this Dvorak related to August?) (Interesting read)

Spy Journal Tech Tips now brings us reference to Geektronica's post about the optimus keyboard. It's not shaped like a natural keyboard but I still want one even more than I want das keyboard or the DX1 Input System.